What do you get when you combine a multi-level platform floating over a pristine reef in the South Pacific with a pizza joint, world-class snorkelling and an all day party fuelled by sunshine and colourful cocktails? Enter Cloud 9 Fiji.
This post may contain affiliate links, which Globe Guide receives compensation for with each click or purchase at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
How to get to Cloud Nine Fiji
This Fiji floating bar is located on the spellbinding Ro Ro Reef in the Mamanuca Islands, which is a 45 minute boat ride from Port Denerau.
Its proximity to the resort area makes this one of the best things to do near Nadi, and can also be reached by boat or seaplane from spots like Beachcomber, Castaway, Namotu and Taverna islands.
What to expect on Cloud 9 Fiji
A floating platform in the middle of the ocean sounds incredibly idyllic, but don’t be fooled by the serene surroundings: this place is a party!
Cloud 9 usually has between 80-100 people on board at a time, who spend the day lounging on the sprawling sun beds overlooking the water, saddling up to the bar for a drink and jumping off the second storey into the clear water to head out for a snorkel.
Depending on the day there might be a live DJ, and water sports like parasailing and jet skis can sometimes be pre-arranged. Snorkel gear is also available to rent.
Cloud 9 prices
The number of guests depends on the time of day. The first boat from Port Denarau leaves around 9 a.m., with the option to leave at 2 p.m. If there are enough bookings, another boat arrives at 1:15 pm from Port Denerau and departs late in the afternoon, and small private groups often arrive throughout the day for an hour or two.
The Cloud 9 day trip costs FJD169 for only the the transfer from Port Denarau, or FJD229 for the transfer and a $60 bar tab which is enough for pizza and a cocktail. Click here to book
It’s free to visit Cloud 9 if you’re arriving on your own from another boat or island, and just need to pay for food or drinks on arrival. Reservations are required.
There are two bathrooms onboard, and Cloud 9 is also wheelchair accessible.
Cloud 9 bar Fiji
The Cloud 9 menu is what really gets people excited—seriously, where else in the world can you find a floating pizza bar?
Seven different pizzas are served on board, as well as focaccia sandwiches, calzones and a smoked chicken salad. The cocktails are also a draw, and bartenders shake up their Fijian take on margaritas, martinis, mojitos and Pina Coladas as well as beer, wine and champagne.
Tips for visiting Cloud 9 Fiji
- To secure the best spot (ie. a sun bed), head out on the first day tour from Port Denarau and make sure you’re first off the boat to head straight to the back where the cushy loungers are. Otherwise, loiter around until the first group leaves around 2:15 pm and you can usually snag one for the rest of the day.
- If you’re prone to sea sickness, bring some motion sickness pills since it can get quite wavy. The bartenders also created a concoction that includes bitters, sprite and pineapple juice, so hit them up if you start feeling queasy.
- Fiji Cloud 9 is a zero carbon emitting facility that uses solar power and doesn’t release any waste into the surrounding reef (yay!). To do your part for the environment, bring your own water on board to avoid buying bottled water.
- Since there aren’t enough snorkel kits on board for every single guest, bring your own gear for the day or rent a set as soon as you get onboard Cloud 9 Fiji.
Globe Guide experienced Cloud 9 as a guest of Tourism Fiji. As always, hosts have no editorial influence on articles.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Mud baths and markets: Fun things to do in Nadi, Fiji
- 10 reasons why you need to book a trip to Fiji immediately
- The star-studded Mamanuca Islands in Fiji
- 5 unique things to do in Sigatoka, Fiji
SHARE THE PINSPIRATION! CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO PIN: