While Bonaire is best known as a world-class dive destination, there’s one spot that sun-seekers won’t want to miss: the Ocean Oasis Beach Club.
This idyllic spot boasts one of the best beaches on Bonaire, and is located along the southwest coastline of the Caribbean island about a 10 minute drive from the capital Kralendijk. You’ll feel a world away from city life as soon as you pull up, and head through the thatched roof entrance to discover a shabby-chic escape.
Ocean Oasis Bonaire
This Bonaire beach club has a chill vibe during the day, ideal for reading a book, lounging and napping versus the frenetic party-centric energy some other beach clubs are known for. However, things kick up a notch in the evenings, with a regular rotation of DJs performing on the beach at night.
The decor is straight out of a Pinterest page: think plush loungers, handmade wooden stools and palapas surrounded by palm trees.
Rows of sunbeds and cabanas nestled in the soft, golden sand look out into the Caribbean Sea, and plank walkways connect the amenities throughout the property. There’s a sheltered swimming lagoon for cooling off, a lounge with TVs to watch all the major sporting events, and plenty of table configurations in the indoor/outdoor restaurant to accommodate all group sizes.
The bar and cafe serves drinks all throughout the day, whether it’s a morning coffee or a tropical cocktail during happy hour to pair with the sunset. Servers are also around to take orders in the beach area, so you won’t even have to leave your lounger.
Additional services at Ocean Oasis Beach Club Bonaire include massages, a boutique, and scooter rentals for exploring the surrounding area where you’ll find the mesmerizing salt flats, pink lakes and flamingo sanctuary with hundreds of birds.
Practicalities for Ocean Oasis Beach Club in Bonaire
- Hours: Saturday-Thursday from 9 AM to midnight, Friday from 9 AM to 2 AM.
- Pricing: Just $17.50 per person for the full day, and cabanas include a sheet, beach towel and bottle of water.
- Reservations: While advance reservations are not required, it’s a good idea to do so if you’re with a larger group to ensure your loungers are together. Reservations can be made by phone or via the Ocean Oasis Beach Club in Bonaire website.
Another good option is to book this island tour of Bonaire, which includes two hours at the beach club.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 10 incredible things to do in Bonaire
- The complete guide to Washington Slagbaai National Park, Bonaire
- What to do in Aruba: The ultimate one week itinerary
- 5 fun things to do in Kralendijk, Bonaire
SHARE THE PINSPIRATION! CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO PIN:
This post may contain affiliate links, which Globe Guide receives compensation for at no additional cost to you.